Our own websites
This is our main website for information about Gjensidige Group for investors, journalists and other stakeholders.
Websites for customers:
- https://www.gjensidige.no (Norway)
- https://www.gjensidige.se (Sweden)
- https://www.gjensidige.dk (Denmark)
- https://www.gjensidige.ee (Estonia)
- https://www.gjensidige.lv (Latvia)
- https://www.gjensidige.lt (Lithuania)
- https://www.gouda.no/ (Norway)
- https://www.gouda-rf.se/ (Sweden)
- https://www.gouda.dk/ (Denmark)
- https://www.pensam.dk (Denmark)
- https://www.dansktandforsikring.dk (Denmark)
- https://www.nordeuropa.se (Sweden)
Gjensidige's main website and for the Nordics are built on our own web platform with our own design system.
Sikkerhetsbutikken (meaning "safety shop") is our webshop for products and services that help prevent damage. The shop is run in cooperation with Artisti Profil AS.
Apps for iPhone, iPad og iPod Touch
- Gjensidige Øvelseskjøring
Apps for Android
- Gjensidige Øvelseskjøring
Permissions in Gjensidige’s apps
For different purposes, Gjensidige’s apps ask for your permissions, needed to deliver the services and experiences the apps mean to give you. The permissions will not be used for other purposes. Beneath you will find the different permissions the apps ask for, with their purposes explained.
Permissions in the Gjensidige app
- "Exact position (GPS)": This is used to find your position when you ask for roadside assistance. In the Android version, GPS is also used for the "Find nearest office" function, to show your account balance in local currency, and to suggest local currency in the currency calculator.
- "Full internet access": The app needs to access internet for many functions, like updating exchange rate, retrieve insurance details, push messaging, consent for Norwegian pension and showing your online bank services.
- "Camera" and "Photo Library": The app needs access to your camera and photo library as we encourage you to take pictures at several points in the “Hjelp ved skade” function.
- "Read your contacts" and "Make changes in your contacts": If you use the function “Find position and call me”, the app creates a new contact where the registered name is your position coordinates and the phone number is Gjensidige’s. Then the app calls to Gjensidige, and the new contact shows up on your phone, so that you can read the coordinates while speaking with Gjensidige. Next time you start the app, the contact is deleted.
- "Read recent phone calls" and "Change recent phone calls": No function in the app reads or changes your recent phone calls, but it asks for the permission anyway. This is because of the setup in the app store.
Permissions in the Gouda app
- "See network connections" is used to check whether the device is connected to internet, so that you can access all the functions in the app.
- "Full internet access": The app needs access to internet, so that you can use all of its functions.
Liability for errors, deficiencies and availability
We consider the information on gjensidige.com to be reliable, but still cannot guarantee that the information is correct, complete or available at all times. Gjensidige therefore disclaims any responsibility for errors, deficiencies and lack of availability on the pages. Gjensidige.com is aimed at investors, analysts, journalists, job seekers and others seeking information about the company, unless otherwise expressly stated. On gjensidige.com there are links to websites that have been prepared or published by third parties. We do not assume any responsibility for the material outside our websites and disclaim any responsibility for errors, omissions and unavailability of these third-party sites.